Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day -1

So, I have set a new goal for myself:
30 lbs in 10 weeks.

Not a crazy, nutty amount of weight, but an aggressive amount. Entirely doable, but will take some work to get there.

I'm going to use this space to write about what food I eat, what exercise I do, and my thoughts along the way. I'm planning on adding some pictures, too.

There are some significant obstacles: I live in the NorthEast, and it should get cold in the next 10 weeks. Cold is going to limit the amount of outdoor exercise I can do. Also, I'm doing this before Christmas, a time of heavy eating. Then there is the fact that I can't spend a huge amount of money doing this. I can't buy a lot of equipment, I can't join a gym.

So, there is a fair amount of fear.

But even if no one reads this, I'm going to be completely honest in what I'm doing. No bullshit, to myself, or anyone else.

Here is the strategy:
1600-1800 calories a day
45-90 minutes exercise 5-7 times per week.

If you are reading this, and you know me, AND I haven't posted in more than a day or two, please feel free to kick my ass. This blog is an attempt to keep me on track, and I need you.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment